Computer networking means all of your computer and IT devices all communicate with each other, share information and access shared company documents; giving a standardised approach, centralised storage of saved documents and offers safety and security for business owners.
Networking your current system means you can have better control of the whole system, you can agree ‘policies’ that the system can then be configured to use as standard. For example, all e-mails sent from the network will use the same disclaimer statements, staff can access company files centrally, you can control and monitor staff internet usage and reduce costs of duplication of work and loss of data.
Some of the key benefits of networking include:
- All data stored centrally, so access to data can be sought from anywhere and anyone (although you can restrict access to files from individual staff members if required) so accessing that important document no longer has to wait until the member of staff returns from holiday
- Monitor internet use and access
- Keeps all documents and data centrally, making online backup easier, simpler and less expensive
- Company ‘policies’ can be developed and implemented
- Better company resilience – many network storage devices offer internal backup as standard
- Better security – your data can be stored in a locked data cabinet
Our aim is simple; to provide each customer with a reliable, honest, computer networking service, that ensures your IT system is resilient, safe and affordable. We also ensure your system is kept up to date with business IT developments.
Our standard cabling service would usually include:
- 12 months manufactures warranty on most replacement parts installed by Black-Premium Developers
- 30 day warranty on all repairs carried out
- No call out fees
- Full office and workplace networking solutions which can include iPhone, iPads and Blackberry mobile devices
- Tidy, reliable engineers, who will work around your workplace availability to reduce the need for downtime while we install or maintain your new network systems, with weekend installation and maintenance services provided at no extra charge
Graphic Design is the visual imagery that is used to showcase your business. Your logo, your brochure, or your business card – the visual touch points that make up an overall impression of what you do, how you do it and what your business values are.
First impressions count. You only have seconds to make that first impression and you need to get it right. So it’s worth investing some time to make sure that your business image projects exactly what you want it to say – that you’re professional, that you’re cost effective, that you’re positive, energetic, & friendly… it could be anything that your business needs to indicate.
You need to leave a lasting impression. A professionally put together brochure and business card will ensure that you leave customers with relevant and useful information and a point of contact for potential business. A considered design will encapsulate your core business values and deliver key messages to your customers.
Benefits of Graphic Design:
- Makes your business stand out & conveys your business values
- Helps your business communicate clearly with your customers
- Makes you look better than your competitors
- Helps to build customer loyalty
- Establishes a strong identity for your business
- Makes you feel more confident about your business
What we can offer:
- Logo and brand design
- Stationery design (business cards, compliment slips, letterheads etc)
- Report design
- Brochure design
- Banner design
- Exhibition stand design
- Leaflet and handout design
- Postcard and greetings card design
- Folder design
- Packaging design
- Design for Facebook pages and Twitter backgrounds
- Web design
- Print sourcing and management
To start with we’ll have an informal meeting in your premises or a nice coffee shop, or chat over the phone and you’ll receive a no-obligation quote to mull over. After that the work starts, following lots of questions to help us create the best design for you that meets your objectives and in no time at all you’ll have the perfect business image.
Our aim is simple, to provide each customer with a visual image which is appropriate, attractive and effective for their business and which will enable you to increase sales and meet your targets.
Computer and Laptop Repairs in Asaba
It’s happened to most of us. Just as you’re about to finish that important report, or as you’re about to finish your biggest customers account, the computer freezes, the laptop overheats and the whole system shuts down – disaster, frustration, loss of work and time and even loss of business.
As a small business ourselves we know how much we all rely on our IT equipment and hardware. It may have been expensive to purchase and it’s probably one of the most important items in your office or workplace.
Who do you call? What do you do? How do you recover that important report you have just lost?
STOP, BREATHE, COUNT TO TEN and CALL US
We will come out to your office, workplace or home. We won’t charge a call out fee. We will diagnose the problem, and give you an estimate for repairs, for a fixed fee of ₦3,499 (Applicable to companies only). If you want us to repair or replace the item, we will refund the cost of the diagnostic fee.
We pride ourselves in being honest and genuine. If we can fix it we will, if we can’t, we will tell you, and won’t charge you a penny. We won’t pressure you to use ourselves and we will offer free advice and support throughout the process.
If the system breakdown means you have lost that important document, don’t worry, we can usually recover your data in house, quickly and without fuss. If we can’t, we can send the hard drive to one of our specialist data recovery partner companies who can use specialist equipment to recover your vital files, in most cases.
Our aim is simple; to provide each customer with a reliable, honest, computer and laptop repair service, that ensures your IT system is resilient, safe and affordable. We also ensure your system is kept up to date with business IT developments.
Our standard service would usually include:
- 12 months manufacturer’s warranty on most replacement parts installed by ourselves
- 30 days warranty on all repairs, carried out
- No call out fees
Most companies in Nigeria needs some level of IT support and computer maintenance. The amount of support a company needs will depend on the number of employees, the type of work you do and what level of IT knowledge and skill people have within the company, coupled with the age of the equipment.
If you’re a small business you are unlikely to have a dedicated IT professional on site. You may have a member of staff who “looks after” the system, but what would happen if the system goes down or that person is on holiday or off work due to illness? If your system is down for even 1 hour, the cost can be significant to any business.
It’s highly unlikely a small or medium sized business could afford to pay for an individual IT manager and so we have developed a variety of IT maintenance solutions that can be tailored to suit your needs.
As a small business ourselves, we have been able to develop a range of bespoke IT maintenance packages that are tailored to your individual business need. We will not sell you products and software you do not need, nor will we sell you a package that stretches your budget. If you only require a small amount of assistance, we will normally recommend working on a Pay As You Go basis unless we can demonstrate that a maintenance and support plan would be more cost effective.
Our aim is simple; to provide each customer with a tailored IT Support & Maintenance solution that ensures your IT system is resilient, safe and affordable, with room to expand as and when your company grows. We also ensure your system is kept up to date with business IT developments.
When looking to purchase an IT support and maintenance solution you will usually need to consider the following aspects:
- Scheduled housekeeping visits
- Preventative system maintenance & monitoring
- Dealing with critical issues as they happen
Our standard IT support and maintenance solutions would usually include:
- Support of mainstream “off the shelf” software packages, including, but not limited to, supporting Microsoft Office applications.
- Ensuring antivirus software updates and other security updates are installed
- Your equipment should regularly be checked to ensure that the latest firmware and software updates are installed
- Creating data backup solutions with file retention policies, either offsite or onsite – or both
- Remote support – we can often fix problems using the internet without having to come to your office, which saves you waiting for an engineer to travel to your premises
- Out of hours support – we are always at the end of a telephone line – at no extra cost
- Emergency system failures – if the system goes down you can ring us straight away and we will help support the system and do the necessary repairs as part of the plan
- Business Continuity Planning – ensuring that systems are in place to overcome disaster, should the unthinkable happen
All this can be done at a fraction of the price of having a dedicated member of specialist IT staff.